Still Voting Republican?



I know some controllers that still vote Republican. As hard as it is to believe. I bet some are in South Carolina.

Jim DeMint: No More Appointees Until After Elections

"Sen. Jim DeMint (R-S.C.) believes that remaining executive branch appointees requiring Senate confirmation should be put off until after the elections, including the confirmation of Michael Huerta to head the Federal Aviation Administration."

Oh wait, it gets better.

"The appointment “would be through the Romney administration, so that gives Romney no ability to put the person he needs in place,” DeMint said.

He mentioned the labor contract with air traffic controllers union, which he believes the nation can’t afford.

“We’ve got a whole lot of modernizations and things that have to happen with FAA. The contracts they have now with the air traffic controllers, what these folks make in benefits, are not the kind of thing we can sustain,” DeMint said. “We have questions about the particular person, but ... we should not give anyone a five-year term at this point.”"


I hear Blakey is free. Y'all want her back again? I've got a picture somebody sent me in an email not long ago. I look at it whenever some demagogue like DeMint tells me we can't afford something.





I don't think I have to explain Davis-Montham Air Force Base to my readers. Click on the link if you aren't familiar with "The Boneyard" for billions upon billions of dollars worth of airplanes that -- somehow -- we could afford.

And just think, those B-2s -- at a billion dollars apiece -- will one day join them. Funny, how we can afford those.

Don Brown
August 1, 2012

Comments

Popular Posts