What’s In a VP?



As you might remember, Lyndon Johnson was a Vice-President that became President. (I’ll write about that political calculation later.) So was Harry Truman. So was Teddy Roosevelt. Who Mitt Romney picks as a VP will be important. Don’t let anybody tell you different.

I think I first heard part of Joe Biden’s speech on The Rachel Maddow Show. I let it go, thinking it was bound to get a lot of play on the air. To my knowledge, it didn’t. It should have. If you have the time, give it a listen. It’s depressing. It’s hard. But it’s amazing.

I’m entirely comfortable with the thought that Joe Biden could be President -- a good one -- if (God forbid) anything happens to Barack Obama. After watching this speech, I bet you will be too.



Don Brown
June 20, 2012

Comments

LRod said…
Calvin Coolidge, too.

Popular Posts