Identity Advertising



I’ve lectured controllers on this subject before (yes, I’m that kind of guy) so I have no compunction whatsoever about giving the same lecture to another group.

When you’re wearing your “team” logo, or put a union bumper sticker on your car, or have your own special license plate -- you’re advertising your group. For good or bad. You would do well to remember that. Especially if you’re in the field of public service. Like an air traffic controller. Or a teacher.

Racing through rush-hour traffic -- cutting people off -- when both of you have tags that scream EDUCATOR, does not endear you to the public. It makes them mad. That goes double if you’re driving a Mercedes.

I’m betting it was the foolish spouses of two dedicated public servants. Ladies, you might need to have a word with your husbands, because, I’m betting others aren’t nearly as gracious and charitable as I am.

Don Brown
July 13, 2010

Comments

Popular Posts