Hopefully, It’s Catching



There’s hope. Maybe this will spread like a virus amongst my conservative friends. It’d be nice to meet some of them in the middle again.

From Andrew Sullivan’s blog The Daily Dish at The Atlantic

Leaving the Right

”For these reasons, I found it intolerable after 2003 to support the movement that goes by the name "conservative" in America. I still do, even though I am much more of a limited government type than almost any Democrat and cannot bring myself to call myself a liberal (because I'm not). “

”I cannot support a movement that holds torture as a core value.

I cannot support a movement that holds that purely religious doctrine should govern civil political decisions and that uses the sacredness of religious faith for the pursuit of worldly power.

I cannot support a movement that is deeply homophobic, cynically deploys fear of homosexuals to win votes, and gives off such a racist vibe that its share of the minority vote remains pitiful. “



Don Brown
December 5, 2009

Comments

Popular Posts