DeMint Disconnect



I was reading the Wall Street Journal this morning -- about the latest, greatest hedge-fund manager -- when one sentence caught my eye.

Fund Boss Made $7 Billion in the Panic

”Mr. Tepper insisted that stimulus spending and low interest rates would boost the economy. “

Yeah, I know I’m supposed to be focusing on what a wizard the latest Daddy Warbucks is and I’m supposed to have visions of my own personal, obscene, profit potential but that is what caught my eye instead. Wasn’t it just yesterday that the Republicans were telling us that stimulus spending wouldn’t work ?

Okay, it wasn’t yesterday. It was in February.

DeMint, Sanford stir up stimulus opposition

”Sen. Jim DeMint and South Carolina Gov. Mark Sanford urged members of the Senate to reject President Obama's economic-stimulus bill, as DeMint introduced a rival measure with only tax cuts and no spending. “

(In case you can’t place Gov. Sanford, he’s the one having the affair in Argentina while his wife thought he was on the Appalachian Trail.)

”The bill passed the House by a 244-188 margin without a single Republican vote. “

”The Republicans said it spends too much money on short-term jobs and government employment that won't revive the economy. “

Once again, it appears Senator DeMint is disconnected from reality.

Don Brown
December 22, 2009

Comments

Popular Posts