You Heard the Man



For those of you that watched the hearing, you heard what Chairman Costello said, call your Senators and tell them to pass S1300.

It’s one thing when I tell you to do it but it’s quite another when a Congressman -- the Chairman of a Subcommittee -- is telling you to do it.

To find your Senators and their contact information go here and select your State in the top, right-hand corner. Send an email tonight. Call tomorrow. You heard the man. Do something.

I’ll have a link to the video of the hearing when it becomes available (and I find it) and I’m sure I’ll have some comments at that time. For now, let me say I appreciate the effort Chairman Oberstar made to get to the hearing (he had a busy and successful day.) I think he was trying to give controllers the hope to hang on that they so desperately need. It was a good effort but I’m not sure it was enough. As the hearing demonstrated, with every controller that retires or quits, the situation grows more desperate. Every single day counts. Tell your Senators they need to act and they need to act now.

Don Brown
June 11, 2008

Comments

Popular Posts