The Phones Are Winning

The sunrise was so dull this morning, I pulled out the long lens hoping for a last-minute cloud or the horizon.  Or something.  Anything.  No such luck.  But I pulled out my phone to take a picture of the camera taking a picture and I got this.

Well that looked pretty neat so I pulled out the real camera to make the same picture.  It (of course) couldn't handle the contrast so it didn't look so neat.  The phones (with software auto-editing) are winning.

I'm not so sure we haven't created a monster.  I was at the NASA museum and noticed they had a camera broadcasting live images from the hall.  In other words, you could see yourself on the screen.  And I noticed the colors on the screen were better than real life.  They were sharper, brighter, more vibrant.  Than REAL life.  Do we *really* want to do that?  All the time? 

I don't think so. You know, sometimes life is dull.  Even the sunrise. But it looks cool so we probably will.  At least for a while.



iPhone 8
28mm
F1.8@1/211th
ISO 20

IMG_4867.HEIC
©Don Brown 2022

Comments

Popular Posts