A Nice Sunday



As you can see from the picture below, this Sunday started off in a nice way for me. I'm not sure how many of you have been following "The Chair" series on Flickr, but this morning was kind of extraordinary in that about four (maybe five) different flocks of geese overflew the scene while the sun was coming up. (You can't get lucky unless you show up.)



I had to pack up my cameras earlier than I wanted to in order to make it to church on time. Yeah, I'm retired now so I actually have time to make church a habit. (You can have good habits or you can have bad habits...but you *will* have habits.) I noticed a visiting priest hanging around but I hadn't been paying attention so I didn't know who she was. Turns out, she's the Vicar of ATL -- Reverend Donna Mote. That's right, she's the Chaplain at Hartsfield-Jackson, Atlanta International Airport.

It was interesting in that I had just noticed her on Facebook and "friended" her. The next thing I know she's at my church. I don't know if that was divine intervention or an algorithm on Facebook. Who knows, they could be one and the same thing for all I know. Anyway, it wouldn't hurt you to have an extra friend at ATL. Be sure to say hello if you see her. You can follow her on Twitter too if you'd like.

I was reminded the New York Times had run a story on her back in March. (In case you thought you had an idea what an airport chaplain at a place the size of ATL does. You don't.)

I'll be flying out of ATL tomorrow to spend a week with a controller friend that's been sick for a while. She is on the road to recovery now and this should be a fun week in the sun. Just because I'm not a controller anymore doesn't mean I don't toss up a prayer every once in a while. I have become more grateful for the ones -- both big and small -- that have been answered.

Don Brown
October 5, 2014

Comments

Popular Posts