Meet My Fellow Misfit



I guess John Carr really has taken The Main Bang down for good. It’s a shame. Even if he doesn’t ever publish another word, the archives would have been useful for many years to come.

Oh well. Such is life.

John’s decision has left me with a hole in my blog list. As many of you know, I actually believe in that orderly thing I’ve preached about all these years (Safe, Orderly and Expeditious). If that doesn’t make any sense to you, then just tell yourself I’m a stick in the mud that doesn’t like change and move along. For the rest, I try to limit the clutter on my blog. That means I only have one hole to fill -- one new blog to list -- not a dozen. There are literally thousands to choose from.

I read The Potomac Current and Undertow. Jurassic Bark. I read NAS Confusion. WWVB too. I read a lot of blogs. But I’m only going to list so many. And for right now, I only get to choose one.

It wasn’t a hard decision for me. It’s the one I miss when I don’t read it for a few days. It’s the one that makes me think and the one that makes me laugh most often. It’s Just an Earth-Bound Misfit, I. I normally refer to it as Earth-Bound Misfit. But don’t let me lead you astray. If you’re kind of slow (like me), you should Google the title. (I swear I never thought of it until I was writing this.)

I thought of warning you about the language at Earth-Bound Misfit. But I never warned you about the language at The Main Bang did I ? I thought of warning you about the politics. But I don’t know why. I mean -- seriously -- how much warning do thinking adults really need ? Be sure to read the “Rules of the House” that are listed down the right side:

”Rule No. 1:

Comment if you like. I'll delete it if you piss me off. So play nice. Read this before you comment on anything. Violators will be dealt with. “


If that doesn’t clue you in -- that you’re about to read something wonderfully different, thoughtful, irreverent and witty -- then you’ve probably stumbled upon this blog by accident. Stumble on.

I hope you’ll give Earth-Bound Misfit a try. And I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. I don’t always agree with her but she always makes me think. She’s made some serious mistakes in her choice of lifestyles...but if I refused to associate with all the cat people in the world I’d miss out on a lot in life. Nobody’s perfect.

Don Brown
October 6, 2009

Comments

Popular Posts