House Hearings -- Flash



This is what happens when you go on vacation and just skim through the backlog, trying to catch up. I missed a bombshell post from my fellow controllers at The Potomac Current and Undertow.

I don’t want to steal their thunder but I do want to compel you to take the time to read the post and try to understand it all. I transcribed a segment on the .pdf file offered on their site just to grab your attention. (I still can’t figure out why I can “cut and paste” some .pdf files but not others.)

”House Republicans have let us know that in addition to the usual suspects (GAO, IG, NATCA), there will probably be testimony from individual controllers who will say that they have been forced to work overtime, 7 days a week for the past couple of years, etc. House Rs have asked us if we would like to identify and request testimony from other individual controllers that we believe can articulately support our efforts to recruit, train, retain, etc. controllers. Do you know if we have anyone like that ?”

In that nobody appeared on the witness list, I guess they couldn’t find anybody. But don’t let that stop you from reading the .pdf file (it’s of an FAA email.) The kicker is where (what group) the FAA was looking for potential witnesses.

As I said yesterday (before I read any of this), history might be made today.

The Potomac Current and Undertow has written out the score card so you can tell who all the players are. It may take some time, but it will be time well spent.

Don Brown
June 11, 2008

Comments

Popular Posts