R. Doug Wicker Makes Four



Another blogger weighs in on Marion Blakey’s award.

I’m Not Happy!

”You guys over at the NAA really didn’t know all this stuff before you even nominated Ms. Blakey for the Henderson Award?  Do you people have any idea how foolish you’re all looking right now to those of us in the know?”

While I don’t condone the attitude, Doug’s probably comes closer to reality in the ranks than mine. I’m trying to remain at least a little objective about it all (although it’s hard.) Being Administrator of the FAA is a tough job but it’s still a job. You’re either successful at it or not. And for the life of me, I can’t see how anyone would call Marion Blakey’s term successful -- much less extraordinarily so.

She barely has a record to note at the NTSB -- less than a year. Maybe she has had an extraordinary run at Aerospace Industries Association. But I don’t think so. Regardless, her association with AIA is, itself, problematic. (It’s a great link. Click on it.) As far as I can tell, there is no there there. Her actions in aviation have been “significant  and lasting” -- they just haven’t been “contributions”.

Don Brown
June 25, 2011

Comments

Popular Posts