Today’s Photo 8-16-10



Last night’s sunset was a bust. As was this morning’s sunrise. But the good news is the geese are back. That’s the first time I’ve seen them in over a month. And the white (Little Blue) heron showed up too. Neither was close enough to even attempt a photo but it was nice to see them regardless.

I figured it was as good a time as any for another lesson in “idiot” cameras. Here are a couple of images from a Disney vacation earlier this year. Both are taken with my little point-n-shoot camera on a pre-sunrise walk around the grounds.

Turn off the flash. Find a solid object to brace the camera on. Shoot.

On this one, I braced the camera against another column. Notice that the camera is held vertically. Not only did it make for a better composition, it made it easier to hold the camera steady. (Think about it. It will come to you.)


© Don Brown 2010 (Click on the picture to enlarge)

On this one, I set the camera on a garbage can and used the self timer to trip the shutter. That way, I’m sure my shaky hands don’t blur the picture.



© Don Brown 2010 (Click on the picture to enlarge)

Don Brown
August 16, 2010

Comments

Popular Posts