Here’s A Quarter



Marion Blakey, the current Administrator of the Federal Aviation Administration, is leaving the FAA. She has found herself a new job.

FAA Chief To Become Aerospace Lobbyist


”In her new job, which is to start in November, Blakey will be the most prominent spokesperson to the federal government for the makers of commercial aircraft and for contractors to the Pentagon.”

She’ll be lobbying for companies like Boeing, Lockheed Martin and Raytheon. Yeah, I know, big surprise huh ?

In situations like this, I always remind my kids of these three words, “Gracious and charitable.” My mother always said, “If you can’t say something nice, don’t say anything at all.”

In that Ms. Blakey quoted me, I’ll just stick to quoting her.

"We are at a breaking point," Blakey says of the U.S. air transportation system.

She ought to know. She took us there. Oh well, Mama tried.

(Note: Yes, I’m aware of the Time article this week. I’ll get to it as soon as I can figure out a way to be gracious and charitable about it.)

I guess I’ll just quit while I’m behind. Blakey’s got a new job lined up. Here’s a quarter, call someone that cares.

Don Brown
August 22, 2007

Comments

Popular Posts