Frontline's "Cliffhanger"


Here's an excellent edition of Frontline about how we got into the current political stalemate. I listened to it as a podcast and haven't been able to watch it yet (although I fully intend to.) It struck me that the events that start the show were only three years ago, yet they seem so foggy already.

History is deceiving in that it brings order and understanding to events that were confusing and chaotic as they were happening. It's like when the supervisor pulls the tape (will that phrase survive in the digital era?) and everybody sits around thinking, "It doesn't sound that busy to me". You'll see what I mean. Watch it.

Watch Cliffhanger on PBS. See more from FRONTLINE.



Don Brown
March 8, 2013

Comments

Elaine said…
<>

As long as the iPhone icon to make a phone call has an image of a 60s telephone handset, that phrase will survive. See skeumorphs.
Elaine said…
[It's like when the supervisor pulls the tape (will that phrase survive in the digital era?)]

As long as an iPhone has an icon that looks like a telephone handset to make a phone call, your above phrase (a skeumorph) will remain intact.
wfparker said…
I really like the way you relate your interest in everything that goes on about you back to air traffic control - like wondering if the phrase "pull the tapes" will survive. . . of course, now I'll be wondering too.

Popular Posts