Ugly



Ugly doesn’t begin to describe it. It was a tragedy. And it’s best we remember it. Lest we repeat it.

I understand that many people don’t want to face subjects like this. Life is too short. It’s too ugly. I try not to dwell on it but while I was a controller I dared not let myself forget about it. Controller's actions can have consequences far beyond what most people can imagine in their daily lives.

For the controllers out there, this accident occurred at the dawn of the jet age. In response, the FAA instituted the “250 knots below 10,000 feet” rule. You can read about it here.

While you’re at that site, PlaneCrashInfo, you might want to browse around. It’s been up and running for years. I’ve used it as a resource many times when I need some quick information. It’s quite a service its owner is providing.

BTW, the poster was made at “Despair, Inc.” You can make your own.

Don Brown
May 14, 2006

Comments

Popular Posts