Can I Join the Rodeo?



I'm thinking of running away and joining the circus...I mean rodeo. Here I am -- almost 9 years into retirement and I still haven't moved to the mountains. It's funny how it all works out. I understand ERAM is up and running at ZTL (I might have to go see that), I've quit smoking, lost 65 lbs. and can do things (like hiking up a mountain) that I wasn't sure I'd ever be able to do again.

It's a good life I lead, even if I'm not living in the mountains. I want this life for you too. Make your union strong. A-number-1 on the list ought to be getting controllers (and all Federal employees) back on a regular pension. It is absolutely vital that government once again becomes the "check" that balances the power of Big Business. Big Business won't create decent jobs so Government should. It is just as vital that a strong electorate keeps both -- Government and Big Business in check. Work on that will you? It's your future. Take charge of it. Unions, Guilds, Associations -- call them what you will -- are a crucial piece of the puzzle.

Me? I'll help. I'll share what I know. But it takes youth to change the world. It takes fire, energy and idealism. Me? I just want to move to the mountains and take pictures. They have rodeo in the mountains. I know they do.



Don Brown
June 1, 2015

Comments

Popular Posts