Today’s Photo 10-4-11



It’s been so long since I put up a new picture you must have thought I stopped. Nope. It’s been so dry that there haven’t been any great clouds -- hence no great sunrises -- in a long, long time. Let me sound flippant (although I really do wonder) -- Georgia is working on becoming a desert.

On the bright side, clear skies mean you can see the stars. If you get up early enough. And I do.

For those that care about photography, I’ve been experimenting with the “White Balance” setting on my camera. All exposures were the same: F4 @30 secs. ISO of 400.

For those that don’t care about photography, the constellation in the left third of the frame is the Big Dipper (Ursa Major), “standing” straight up on it’s “handle”. Enjoy. (You’ll probably want click on the pictures to enlarge them. Stars are pretty subtle.)


"Florescent" setting

© Don Brown 2011 (Click on the picture to enlarge)


"Incandescent" setting (old photogs, think Tungsten)

© Don Brown 2011 (Click on the picture to enlarge)


Auto White Balance

© Don Brown 2011 (Click on the picture to enlarge)


Don Brown
October 4, 2011

Comments

Popular Posts