My Kind of Tarp



If there has ever been a slicker trick invented than using a tarp to slide loads across the ground, I don’t know what it is. What? You forgot I liked to garden? I said “tarp”, not TARP.

I just finished trimming my azaleas (I skipped last year -- bad mistake) and instead of picking up the pieces to take to the compost pile I laid out a tarp, threw the cut pieces onto it and made one trip. All it takes is an old tarp with some stout cord tied to the ends. (You can just pull on the ends of the tarp. Cord is easier. Trust me.) If you’ve never tried it before, you’ll be surprised how big a load you can pull.



It occurs to me I’m spending more and more time on photography and gardening and less and less on air traffic control. I know most come for the ATC stuff. There will always be that part of my life. But it will dim over time. And there is nothing either one of us can do about it.

Don Brown
May 19, 2010

Comments

Popular Posts